Thursday, April 25, 2013

Final checklist for "I Am Somebody Project"

Paper: 100 points

  • Last name and page number at the top of each page (including Works Cited page.)
  • Citations in- text or in the body of your paper should be last name and page number.... If there is no page number, leave it blank... If there is no author, cite the title in parentheses.  
  • The Works Cited Page should not be numbered; it's in alphabetical order.
  • Your Works Cited page should be double spaced with a "hanging indent"
  • 12 point, black times new roman font only- no borders, colors, pictures. Etc...
  • Your papers should be three pages long (including the Works Cited) and you should have at least 5 sources on your works cited page.
  • Don't list a source in your citation page UNLESS it is used in your paper.
  • Your thesis and "Call to Action" should  be easy to pick out in your final paper.
I will be grading your MLA format rather strictly- so look at the examples I've given you on this site.
-----

Presentation: 100 points


  • Your presentation should explain why we would want to help create this change in the world.
  • You should persuade us that your team has a well thought-out plan for creating this change.
  • Have specifics that encourage the audience to get involved.
  • Be creative; be persuasive
  • Spell check, edit, and practice your presentation before you present!
Good Luck! I'm excited to see what you've created!

1 comment:

  1. Today is the first day of school I am very scared. I am in the sixth grade. I hope I don't get picked on. I didn't come from Paine either, I came from Clay Elementary. I like my classes so far though and everyone is so nice. All the teachers are very nice also. So I got to know everyone and I got to know my teachers so know I love school.

    ReplyDelete