Monday, April 15, 2013

ASSIGNMENT COMPLETION INFORMATION

Happy Monday-

I've had some questions in regards to the "I Am Somebody" Persuasive Research Project for Change.  The newsletter blurb had some people frightened that the assignment would be a "take home" or "homework" assignment for the students- but this is not the case.

To clear up- I have scheduled three weeks of "work days" for this assignment.  Students will continue to chip away at this project everyday in class (with my supervision and guidance) and should end up doing none of the assignment at home.  After all, for many, this is their first stab at MLA format (which can be a difficult concept to master).  Deadlines in the blurb for this week are simply guidelines for the students throughout the process.  The due date for this project is not actually until April 29th.  No worries! Encourage your student to work hard each day and they will accomplish a research project everyone can be proud of!

I hope this clears things up!  If you have questions or concerns ask your student and/or contact me :)
erin.gilchrist@trussvillecityschools.com
 

No comments:

Post a Comment