Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Agenda for the First week of School

(If you are looking for the welcome post for bonus points, it is the post under this one.)

This week is unlike most in my English class, I am assessing each child's knowledge "prior to instruction." I am giving each student a test each day that will let me, as their English teacher, know what needs to be targeted most with each individual child. These tests may reveal that your child needs extra help with grammar this year, while another student's scores may conclude that reading vocabulary is the most problematic. Either way- the intended use of these tests are for the eventual benefit of my students and to demonstrate their growth this year! It will be fun to look back, compare scores and see what all we've learned! (None of these grades will be recorded.)

*Please note I will be out of the classroom Wednesday, Thursday, and possibly Friday taking my Doctoral Comprehensive Examination* No worries- be back on Monday for sure!

Monday: Welcome and Syllabus
Tuesday: Literature and Poetry Terminology Assessment
Wednesday: Reading Comprehension Assessment
Thursday: Writing Assessment
Friday: Short Story Vocabulary for new Unit beginning Monday!

Have a fantastic weekend!!! :)

3 comments:

  1. hai. this is Caitlin in your 7th period honors english if u couldnt already tell.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cant comment with the profile I made to follow the blog. So I have to comment under Ananymous. I followed this under hey Den. So I suppose it should say hey Den above my comment. It wont exept my email.

    ReplyDelete